All you have is today, Live it to the fullest - Dt. Gurpreet Khanna
||Dt. Gurpreet Khanna
|Clinic Name :
||Inside Your Diet
||3 Years of Expertise
||Lipid Profile Management
Eating is an essential.
Eating is a must to survive.
But eating RIGHT is the key to a HEALTHY LIFE.
Understanding this relationship to eating is what the need of the hour is.
Come join us and learn the RIGHT WAY TO EAT TO BE FIT :) :)
1. What would you call the Turning point in your life (How did the idea of getting into this field come about? What made you choose this? And what would you say sets you apart?
After pursuing 12th with science; just like any other young adult, I was clueless about what to do next, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, horticulture etc. etc since i didn't want to go with same boring main stream medicine lines.
Then one fine morning I came across an article regarding Foods & Nutrition course, being a Foodie along with being a Science lover I decided to try hands on the same.
And Lo!!! I landed here..
2. In layman’s terms could you please tell me what is it that you do as a nutritionist ?
In my opinion Nutritionists are "no magicians."
Food is the basic necessity to survive, just everyone eats food and me as nutritionist just give insight to people to what to eat,when to eat and how to eat.
Sssshhhhhhhh!!!! That's my secret I revealed.
3. What do you like most about what you are doing?
I love when people come to me and say thank you for making me loose when I am still eating my favourite food.
Because being a food lover I can totally relate how difficult it is to resist your favourite delicacies.
4. What is your definition of Success?
FAILURES, they teach you a lot.
They teach you patience; to wait before you savour the fruits of success, they give you strength; to work harder and also encourage; to learn from your mistakes.
5. If you had to give a advice to your younger self when you were starting out, what would it be or If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
It would be Don't lose hope, keep trying till you get what you want.
6. Any regrets as of now? And if yes would you like to share
I am a no regrets person.
I am really contented with what I have achieved today. Through my journey I have stumbled, fell down, cried, felt defeated but never lost hope and that helped me emerge out a lot stronger than ever before. And all of this happened because I had no clue about what to do and how to do.
May be if I had know that, i would have never tried to go out of my comfort zone and take risks.
And as English writer Robert Frost has beautifully penned, "Two roads diverged in the woods, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
7. Top 2 regular practices that have helped you
Patience and a calm mind. These two have really helped me come a long way.
8. Motivational factor (What keeps you motivated)
A smiling happy puppy face of my loved ones.
9. One relationship that helped (Who has been your biggest support in this journey ?)
To name a one single relationship would be injustice to others. My family is my biggest strength and support system.
10. What is the biggest misconception you think people have about you?
A lot of people have a lot of things to say but the biggest I think would be that I am full of attitude. Because I often say NO to free knowledge seekers or lets say benefiters.
11. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
A clear perspective
Acceptance of failure
12. What would you have been if not what you are doing currently?
A writer since I love to read and write
13. What qualifications are required to pursue this career
Bachelor's and a Master's degree/ PGD course in Food and Nutrition are the minimum qualifications requirement.
14. What qualities are needed to pursue this career?
Convincing abilities and heaps of patience.
There are many a times when the diet will not work, or maybe the client does not want to follow or something or the other. You need to have a strong conviction power to make the other person understand what is wrong and where and how to amend it.
15. What courses are available in India if one wants to pursue this course?
Post Grad Diplomas
Certificate courses run by organisations like IAPEN, NIN
16. Any advice to parents whose kids may want to pursue this course?
My one sole advice to all parents would be that let your child decide the career thay want to pursue. Be it be this filed or any other, let your child follow their passion, show them the right pathway that leads o their destination.
And for all those wishing to join this field, foods is a very interesting subject, which has lot that is yet to discovered.
17. Anything that you would like to say to our readers
No food comes with strings attached. The only thing that has to considered is timing and quantity. Love your self the way you are.
Eat to live and DO NOT LIVE TO EAT.
||Seasonal foods are the best.
Like I said earlier no food is bad, just the way of consuming it is wrong.
||The monk who sold His Ferrari.
|Best song or music
||Dama dam mast kalandar
P.S. I am aufo music lover
||Natural hilly terrains
|Any personality/Celebrity who inspires you
||Abdul Kalam sir
||Live life without regrets.
If you feel like doing it, just do it. No body knows what lies in the future store ahead of you.